Monday, March 19, 2012

Laura Mercier Make Over and Haul



On Saturday I was invited to the Laura Mercier Counter for a Make Over.

It was my very first make over ever and I had a fantastic time. I had a young lady start my face routine with removing my regular make up, then she applied the LM Multi-Vitamin Serums. Which is a dual-phase vitamin serum that has vitamin A, C, and E to re-energize the skin.  This felt so wonderful and smelt just as good too.

Then it was onto Moisturizer. She used LM Repair Day Crème SPF 15 which is an anti-aging daily moisturizer for younger looking skin. This felt so soft and nice on my skin.... I loved it.

Then the MUA moved onto LM Foundation Primer. Which I found quite surprising because it was so light on the skin and as if there was nothing on my skin at all. I liked this product a lot and found that it did a great job with keeping my foundation on all day, which is the next step that they did.

Foundation... The MUA used the same foundation that I had bought from them a few weeks ago... and I am totally in love with. I can not say enough good things about it... and I love the fact that it matches my skin tone perfectly. She used LM Crème Smooth Foundation in Blush Ivory. Its a match made in heaven!!!

Then I met Ryan Thomas from Huston, TX, Master MUA for Laura Mercier. He came over and introduced himself and started to show me how to tightline my eyes with their Tightline Cake Eye Liner, then he went on to do my eyes and the rest of my face. He was amazing!!! I loved how he did my eyes. He chose colours that I would have never in a million years use, but looked so nice on me that now... I am going to go back and get the colours... :)
He also contoured my face, but with a blush because the bronzers they had were too yellow toned for my skin. Which is a topic that we discussed at great length ... hopefully this will be resolved in the future with new products for fair skinned people with pink undertones.


What do you think of the eye look he did?
 I LOVE it!!!




It was a night to remember for sure. I had lots of fun.
I did get a few new products from LM which are:


Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
I have been on the hunt for a really nice setting powder and I was so happy that they used this on me. I got to test it out and see how it feels on my skin, and it is wonderful. It set my make up really well, and also no oily or shine patches showing through. Not to mention this powder does not leave a cakey over done look, but a soft focus look to the skin... lets just sum it up like this...... amazing!!! ;)



Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour
This is such a pretty colour blush in Tender Mauve. Its the colour of blush that Ryan Thomas used as a contour on me. It was so nice and matched my skin tone so well that I just had to get it. It not only can serve as a contour, but I can also use it for a blush too. It is such a pretty colour, but besides that, the blush itself is very velvety, and feels like silk on the skin. I will have to say, it comes with a price tag... but its worth it.




Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Colour
I really don't know what to say about this!!!
HA HA HA
I love lipsticks..... but I do not have anything of this colour in my lipstick collection at all. This is the shade that Ryan Thomas chose for my Make Over and it's called "Caramel". I would never pick out anything like this on my own, the same as the eyeshadows... but when he had it on me, it looked so pretty, so I was venturing out of my comfort zone and trying on some new colours, which was a bit of fun. The colour is a bit of a  -  .. -  ... caramel colour.. ha ha.. well, I guess the name describes it well. If you add a lipgloss over the top with a hit of pink, it changes the shade to a bit more pink, if you add a gloss with a bit more brown, it changes the shade to a bit more brown... so it is a very flexible shade to wear. I am really enjoying my new lipstick shade and venturing out of my comfort zone.

Overall, the look make my blue eyes stand out really well and I was so happy. I loved my make over and would do it again any day!!

Have you had a Laura Mercier Make Over?
What did you think of it?
If not.... you should... its fab all the way and Ryan Thomas and his team are simply "THE BEST"


Wishing all my fellow blogger friends and family a really wonderful and beautiful day.
Hugs & Kisses Sprinkled with lots of Love!!!
Love,



Purchased at my local Laura Mercier Counter at Holt Renfrew
Loose Setting Powder $44.00 each reg. price.
Second Skin Cheek Colour $30.00 each reg. price
Shimmer Lip Stick $27.00 each reg. price

No comments:

Post a Comment