Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Newspaper Nail Art



I am totally in love with my new nail look that I did yesterday so I had to write a blog post on them and show you all. I am in no way a professional nail artist... I can only paint my nails at the most .. ha ha... so this was the most artistic that I got with them and it was so much fun and I love how it turned out.

It's super easy to do, "even I did it".. hehehe and I found it easy and fun and it looks super cute!!

All you need is:

- A Base Coat - to protect your nails from chipping, breaking and peeling, and this also helps strengthen your nails as well, and believe me, I need all the help I can get in this area...

- Nail Polish - Paint your nails in a light grey polish. Any light grey polish will do, but for me, I used Essie "Master Plan" # 680 if you are wondering.

- Then.... it is very important to make sure that your nails are completely dry before moving onto the next step.

- Transferring the Newspaper Ink onto the Nail.
- You will need some Rubbing Alcohol. Pour some into the cap and then dip your nail into it for 5-10 seconds. Then take a small piece of cut out newspaper and press it firmly onto your nail for about 15-20 seconds. (It's OK if the Newspaper gets damp from the Alcohol)

- Then peel off the Newspaper from your nail and the Ink from the words will be left behind on your nail.

- After this, you can clean up around your nail with a Q-tip and some nail polish remover to remove any extra polish that's around your nail that you don't want.

- The final step is VERY IMPORTANT!! This is to add a top coat to the design. If you don't add the top coat to your design, you will lose the Newspaper Ink on your nails. The top coat will seal in the print, and give a nice shine and finish to your manicure.
The topcoat that I used is Seche Vite.

And that's it!!!

I Love this look so much... it's so easy and so pretty!!
Thanks goes out to "cutepolish" from YouTube and Facebook where I got the idea from.
(And my daughter as well,  who also did this Nail Art work... I loved her nails and had to do mine like this too)

Wishing all my fellow blogger friends and family a really wonderful and beautiful day.
Hugs & Kisses Sprinkled with lots of Love!!!
Love, 
Essie Nail Polish Purchased at my local London Drugs Ltd. $9.99 reg price
Seche Vite Purchased at my local London Drugs Ltd $11.99 reg price

8 comments:

  1. Technically I got the idea from her and you got it from me :P

    China Glaze Pelican Grey is also a nice color to use for nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha... Yes my darling dimple daughter... you are right... you did do this first!!

    But I have to give credit where credit is due, and I followed "CutePolish's" instrucions...

    I don't have China Glaze Pelican Grey... but I think that your nails were nice too, but I think that I would like a lighter shade of grey.. it would look much nicer than the grey that I used. Although it did turn out nice... but a lighter grey would look better... thats just how I feel anyway!!

    Thanks for stopping in for a visit... I loved it from you!

    Love you Bella!!

    Hugs & Kisses...
    Love,
    Shelley (Technically... Your Mom) ;)
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this nail look, I did it awhile ago but now that I've been reminded I think I'll do it again :)


    xo

    Haylee

    http://www.dolledupdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Haylee,

      They are very pretty, and so so easy to do... and I really am in love with the outcome of it. I'm not a pro... but they do look nice!!

      Thanks for stopping in for a visit... it's great to see you agian.

      Hope that you have a great week.

      Hugs & Kisses,
      Love,
      Shelley
      xXx

      Delete
  4. Hi Shelley!

    Ohhhh they turned out really nice! I've never seen anything like this before. I might have to try that for fun one day!
    I love this Essie polish, I'm a sucker for grey-purple-taupes!
    Have a fantastic day!

    xoxo

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Anne,

      Thanks so much Anne... its so nice to see you stop in for a visit.
      It's so fun and easy to do, I'm sure that you will love it on your own nails... not to mention that you will get loads of compliments on them as well. Everyone asks... How did you do that? ha ha ha... It's super fun!!
      The Essie polish is really pretty, I do love it, and I am the same as you, I'm also a sucker for grey-ish-purple-ish-taupes too, but I think that this manicure would look much nicer with a lighter shade of grey.. but thats just me.

      Have a great day with your family..and post some photos of your Newspaper Nails if you do them.. I'd love to see them. ♥

      Hugs & Kisses,
      Love,
      Shelley
      xXx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ciao Adriana,

      Thanks for such a sweet comment!!

      The nails are so easy ... you can do it!!!

      Hope that you have an awesome weekend!!

      Hugs & Kisses,
      Love,
      Shelley
      xXx

      Delete