Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lebanese Rose Perfume


Lebanese Rose Perfume.

I have been asked several times to write a post about this by a lot of my friends so I hope
that you like it.

During one of our (my husband and I's) trips to Egypt... because if you did not know.. and I am sure that you all know.. my husband is Egyptian ... he he he he  ;) we went shopping in one of their big shopping malls. Just let me say... it's an experience in itself. "BEAUTIFUL" I only wish that I could have taken photos of inside the shopping mall because it was the best experience of my life!!! Gold and Silver rails on the escalators, gold in the floor tiles. Shops that looked like they were made for Kings and Queens. I felt like I was in a dream.

(When one goes to Egypt, one always takes in the sites like the Pyramids, Sphinx, and of course the Museums ... so who wants to go to a Mall. HA HA HA. ME, ME, ME.... It's something that you will never forget... just like all the other site seeing places as well.)

Anyway... during my time looking around and shopping in the mall I kept smelling this wonderful scent all throughout the whole mall, it was such a sweet, beautiful scent. Then suddenly I walked by this place and the scent was so nice, I looked in and here I was... A PERFUMERY... yes... I found were the scent was coming from. BEAUTIFUL!!!

My husband and I and his brother... because his brother met up with us went into the Perfumery. OOHHH what did my wandering eyes appear... haha. Bottles with golden, amber, orange, brandy, coloured perfumes in them. I was freaking out... haha. Each bottle labeled with the scent.

The gentleman (Perfumer) in the Perfumery was so helpful and kind that he asked me many questions as to what scents that I liked, what I did not like... and he went around and gathered up some bottles and brought them to the counter. He gathered some long sticks and and inserted them into the bottle and asked me to smell.... ohh I felt like a Queen!!!

I had several that I liked... but my most favorite of all was this: LEBANESE ROSE.
So my husband bought a small bottle of it for me. Let me tell you... this stuff does not come cheap.
A small bottle of 15ml is over $250.00 (yes, my eyes bugged out!!!) I had no idea that it would be so expensive!! 

With this small, small, amount of Lebanese Rose perfume I got a free mixed Perfume. I guess this is customary there. The real concentrated perfume is for special occasions and you only use such a small, small, small amount because it is so strong... but the Perfumer also mixed Lebanese Rose with Jasmine and other perfumes for me so that I can wear this everyday, which is a nice combination as well. It is also lovely, but not as much as the Lebanese Rose. It all comes in a really nice velour box and I was also given a perfume bottle for it.


The perfume bottle is all made of glass with a glass stick that is inserted into the bottle so that you can put on your perfume.... so Beautiful. I love it!!

It was totally a once in a lifetime experience. I will never forget!!

Now... for the description of the scent!!! Please forgive me because I am not good at describing scents.
I am not a lover of Rose scents at all. I love the flower, and the smell of fresh Roses as they are sitting on the table in a vase... but in a perfume... I really don't like it at all. It just reminds me of an old lady's perfume and I don't go for this kind of thing at all.

The Lebanese Rose is definitely not your old ladies kind of scent at all. It is a very sweet, and I mean... VERY SWEET, strong, floral feminine scent, and I am totally IN LOVE with it. I just wish that I could wear this scent every day, but at this price... I am so sorry.. I can not. I only wear a very small amount on very special occasions.
The scent makes me feel happy, ... it makes me feel feminine, sexy, and it makes me smile.

So... If any of you ever have a chance to go to Egypt, go to a Perfumery and smell the Lebanese Rose... I am very sure you will fall in love with it. And by the way... while your in the mall shopping, sit down and try the ice-cream.... it's yum yum yummy!!!

Wishing all my dear blogger friends a beautiful day!!
Hugs & Kisses
Love,




6 comments:

  1. OH I would like to try it, but I don't know where I can find this fantastic fragrance..

    http://orangegworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your description of it all. I can almost smell it.Beautiful vial. Is that a crescent moon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley!

    Yay... you are back!!!
    This fragrance sounds very nice. I lived in Turkey for a year and I remember they had amazing strong perfumes!
    They are expensive but as you said you only need a tiny bit!
    I prefer fresh and light fragrances but I agree when you say you feel feminine and special wearing this kind of smell!

    Take care!

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao @Orange_G_World,
    Thanks for stopping in... it's great to see you. The fragrance is super fantastic and I am sure that you would LOVE it... but the only place that I know of is in Egypt.. I'm sorry.. I have never seen it in Italy. But.. Egypt is not far from Italy....hehehehe!!!
    Hugs & Kisses all for you Bella!!
    --------------------
    Ciao @Pandora's Box,
    Thank you for such a sweet comment. The vial is very beautiful.. I love it... but from the photo it seems large... but in real life it is actually very, very small. It would only take about 10ml to fill the bottom part of it.. it's so small. But small things are beautiful!!! ;)
    I have never noticed the "crescent moon" until you mentioned it, and now that you have.. I am beginning to think that it is... it really does look like that. MMmm I'm not too sure about that!! Although the bottle is just beautiful in itself.
    Thanks so much for stopping in... it's lovely to see you.
    Hugs & Kisses all for you Bella!!!
    --------------------
    Ciao @Carabistouille
    Hi Anne my Dear Friend... Yes.. I'm back.. and happy to be back as well. being away was great.. but being back is even greater. I have so many ideas for my blog and so many things that I want to review and talk about... ha ha ha.. my head is just spinning.... ha ha ha.. in a good way and it is just so so so much fun.. I LOVE it!!!
    WOW.. you lived in Turkey for a year... girl.. you are a traveler, you sound so much like me.. ha ha ha.
    Yes, I am sure that you must know about the perfume then... it is a strong fragrance, but not in a bad way at all... it is really in a good way, a sweet floral, sexy, fragrance and I really love this one, and yes.. they are so so so expensive. But... ohh... the experience of going into a perfumery and smelling all the scents and picking the ones that you like, it was a dream come true.. I loved every moment of it. I would love to go back to Egypt and do that all again sometime. Maybe next time, a different fragrance.. who knows ;) But I will have to save, save, save for that!!! ha ha.
    Thanks for visiting...
    Sending you some special Hugs & Kisses Bella!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dam you totally sold me the perfume nice post..would love to try it out..
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Mi_Mi,
    HA HA HA... you are too kind!!!
    The perfume is awesome!!! I love it and only wear it on very special occasions.
    It is so beautiful, I have never had anything like it before.
    I hope that you can find something like it... you will fall in LOVE with it. Its fab.
    Thanks for your comment!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete