Wednesday, August 31, 2011

REVLON ColorStay Aqua Mineral MakeUp



Ciao all my lovely friends and fellow bloggers... I am so sorry that I have been MIA from my blog lately... but here is a post that I wanted to update you all on. I hope that it is helpful to you and that you will like it. 



REVLON ColorStay Aqua Mineral MakeUp

I bought this product looking for something to wear for the days that I wanted something that was light, and I could cover up some blemishes when I had no place special to go, but really stay around home, but still look nice, and I could use at anytime. 

The product comes with a brush that is actually quite soft, not one that is best used for Mineral Make up, but quite a nice portable brush nonetheless which I think would be better suited for liquid foundation rather than powder. 

The product itself, when you apply it to the skin goes on in a powder form, but wet to the touch... which is the strangest feeling ever, but actually it has a very nice cooling sensation on the skin. I like this very much... but was something to get used to. First I thought that my brush was wet, and not completely dry from my cleaning it.. ha ha.. so I tried another brush... same thing, but this time I realized that it was the foundation and not the brushes, so this adds a very nice touch to the foundation. 

The coverage is very light though, so if you are looking for serious coverage... this isn't for you. It's not really very build-able either because it starts to look too caked on then, not a good look at all. It does not cover blemishes at all... with a light coverage, or when built up. 
Some reviews said that they found it shimmery... for me.. I have not found it to be too shimmery at all. Mine that I got was not shimmery at all... it was actually very matte and that was ok... but a little shimmer would have been nice.. hehe.. spoken from a shimmer lover!! ;)

Overall... I would not repurchase it again, its very expensive for the kind of product that it is.  I am currently using it lightly as a setting powder over my foundation, but I am still not in love with it even for that... its too heavy for that... so I am not a lover of this at all, the only thing that I think is really nice.. is the cooling effect that it has on the skin. 

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this product if you have tried it!!

Wishing all my lovely followers a beautiful day!!!
Hugs & Kisses,
Love,

Purchased at my local Shoppers Drug Mart for $19.99 Regular Price

5 comments:

  1. Oh there is also such an aqua powder from MAC isn't it. I have never tried such a one before; but it sounds quite interesting. I will test it in the shop.
    Thanks for showing and sharing and a great day!

    :-) <3
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley!

    Just a quick visit to say hi and see how you are doing!
    You've been absent for a long time... there is nothing wrong with that but I hope everything is fine?!
    Please let me know!
    Take care!

    xoxo

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo thats for the post..i guess this is not for me..i love full coverage...soo nice..but i expected something more than this form revlon..
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Mi_Mi,
    I really don't like to make a bad review of something.. and it's not totally a bad review.. because maybe someone likes a light coverage foundation... but its just not for me, and maybe others might say the same thing. I just expressed my opinion on the foundation. I used it as a setting powder... still not a great way to use it... but it was too expensive just to have sit in the corner!! ha ha ha.
    I could not test it out in the store because there were no testers... so its just buy if you want... and try at home.. ha ha ha... so that's what I did, later to find out that it was not to my liking.
    I just hope that the review helps others, and yes,, you are right.. I would expect something more from Revlon as well.
    Thanks for your visit and comment... its nice to see you stop in.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete