Thursday, June 30, 2011

Biotin


Biotin



Biotin is an essential supplement for anyone interested in preventing hair loss and increasing hair growth.



Biotin is a major component in the natural manufacturing process - it is essential to not only grow new hair, but it also plays a major role in the overall health of skin and nails.



Biotin is a vitamin B and it is present in foods like eggs and liver. However, it would take a huge amount of eggs and liver to provide you with the 5mg. of biotin that you would need for healthy hair and nails. A biotin supplement can provide your body with the necessary amount of biotin it needs to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss without additional calories and without having to eat liver.









Biotin is a member of the B-vitamin family. It assists in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein. It serves as a critical component of several enzymes and is involved in energy metabolism. The major benefit of biotin however, is its ability to strengthening hair and nails.




Men and Women who are experiencing hair loss may be able to keep their hair longer and promote hair growth by taking a biotin supplement or hair vitamins containing biotin.





Biotin is the best known supplement for the health and beauty of Hair, Skin and Nails. It is also referred to as Vitamin H, this vitamin promotes hair growth, protects against dryness and is involved in the biosynthesis of unsaturated fats. It increases the elasticity of the hair's cortex preventing breakage. It also thickens the actual hair cuticle providing a fuller appearance because of the increased diameter of the hair shaft. A lack of Biotin would result in dermatitis and hair loss.




For me personally, I take one Biotin 1000 mcg daily combined with a zinc tablet for healthy hair growth. I have noticed that there has been a significant difference in my hair. I have less fall out, less breakage, and more of a healthy appearance and texture to my hair. So, not only looking after your hair from the outside with shampoo's, conditioner's, crème's, treatment's, and mask's.... I also try my very best to look after my hair from the inside, so I take these supplements and drink plenty of water each day to try and get, and maintain healthy hair. I would love to have my hair much longer... much more healthier, and so far... I am in that process and I need all the help that I can get.. ha ha.




I hope that this was of some help to those that are on the same journey as I am. If you have any questions or any advice to offer, please leave a comment below.. I'd love to hear from you.





Remember:
 Please check with your Doctor first to see if this is OK for you before taking any Vitamin Supplement.




Purchased at my local drug store (Pharmasave) Regular Price $ 8.99 100 tablets

Some references taken from: www.add-hair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment