Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Maybelline XXL Volume Mascara



Maybelline XXL Volume Mascara


As you will begin to notice, I am a connoisseur of mascaras.. ha ha, always trying to find just the perfect one for my imperfect, barely there, straight lashes. So today I am introducing to you a new mascara that I have tried. It's the XXL Volume Mascara. The XXL Volume Mascara is the one that comes in the red and black tube as you can see. The colour of the mascara that I picked is 521 Very Black, and I really love the colour of it. It's perfect. This mascara comes with two sides, one with a microfiber (white side) and one with the mascara black side). Both sides have the perfect size wand as well. I really am not a lover of huge wands... they really don't fit my eyelids well, but these are the perfect size and you can coat each lash very easy.




STEP 1 - Sweep microfiber basecoat onto lashes to build dramatic volume. This is the white fiber side that you see on the wand. It's very easy to apply, and really does build up volume on your lashes. I only applied one coat of this and did not wait too long for it to dry.




STEP 2 - Follow with microfiber topcoat to lock on super-intense colour. This is the mascara side. It really does build up the volume and gives your lashes an extra WOW factor. I applied two coats of this, but ... with just one coat you can manage with long lashes, for me, I love the false lash effect without the false lashes, so I added an extra coat and got a WOW factor of false lashes without wearing false lashes. I LOVED it!!


Overall...  The primer (microfiber, or white side) does add length and volume
Mascara adds length and volume
defines my lashes quite well
inexpensive
not super wet or super dry, it's perfect
doesn't flake or transfer under the eye (raccoon eyes)
doesn't clump
lasts all day
removes very easily with make up remover

I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for extra volume in their lashes without wearing false lashes, or for those that can not wear false lashes for some reason.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention , it's contact lens safe and ophthalmologist tested.


Coming up next: A review on the Maybelline XXL Extensions Waterproof Mascara!! Keep a lookout for that.


Wishing all my wonderful friends a really beautiful day!!


Hugs & Kisses
Love,




Purchased at my local Wal-Mart for $9.97 Regular Price